Pollution 101: Braving the Elements
- ACNE Alison Shearling Coat
- 3.1 PHILLIP LIM Funnel Cocoon Sweater
- BOBBI BROWN Kohl Cake Liner
- TOPSHOP Side Split Maxi Skirt
- HOUSE OF HARLOW 1960 Skull Stud Earrings
- COSTUME NATIONAL Ankle Boots
- FILIPPA K Oblong Scarf
What do you wear when it’s this freaking polluted outside? With API levels far surpassing the 300’s (already deemed “hazardous” by the US Embassy), clothes probably won’t do much to guard against smog, but hey, every little bit counts, right? I've written up my own personal set of rules below:
- Avoid white at all costs, unless you own a whole lot of bleach.
- Try to keep as little skin exposed as possible.
- Scarves are crucial for wrapping around your face and, most importantly, covering your mouth.
- So are tough footwear – preferably heeled, to give you additional lift. (The further your toes are from the ground, the better.)
- Pull out the leather, skulls and smoky eye makeup – they’ll match your dark mood.